Purchase a place to live in
- Owner of two properties (Sydney and Brisbane) and is in a strong position for his future
- Confident in the investment strategy that has been implemented and has the ability to purchase another investment property in the future
- Modelled investment scenarios that included combinations of an owner occupier property, shares, investment property and increased contributions into superannuation
Prior to reaching out to Montara, Andrew was looking to buy a property to live in. He had been renting for the past 9 years and thought it was a great time to buy his own property.
“The market was crazy competitive. I had the money saved up for a house deposit to buy my own place, but I didn’t know if it was the right move for me personally. I was struggling to decide on what was best and it was a bit daunting trying to get into the market.”
“I was happy with where I was renting but the area was too expensive to buy in. I didn’t want to delay buying any longer and it was imperative for me to start making a move. That’s when I was referred to Montara Wealth by a friend who spoke highly of them.”
Andrew was receiving advice from his friends before deciding to do his own research into what his investment options were. That’s when he decided to reach out to Montara.
“The only concern I had before reaching out was that I thought financial planners might have pushed certain products that would make them the most money, but after speaking with David and Ethan I was really trusting of the guys, and had the confidence that they would do everything in my best interest. The team outlined my options and remained upfront and honest about everything – I’ve never felt pressured to make a decision.”
As we got to know Andrew’s financial position and his goals, we were able to map out a trajectory of what the next couple of years would look like. This meant we were able to:
- Identify Andrews key goals and aspirations, along with his current and projected income/expenses
- Model the various investment strategies that included the purchase of an apartment to live in and an investment property
- Identify and implement insurance and superannuation strategies to protect his financial position and reduce his superannuation fees significantly.